Creative Nanny Wednesday: Cinco de Mayo
Next Wednesday is Cinco de Mayo! Cinco de Mayo is a celebration of Mexico's heritage and pride. Many restaurants and bars in the US celebrate Cinco de Mayo, so why not have a Cinco de Mayo celebration with the kids!
You can invite some friends over for a little Cinco de Mayo luncheon and craft time.
There are several Cinco de Mayo themed books as well
- Cinco de Mayo by Mary Dodson Wade
- Celebrate! It's Cinco de Mayo!: !Celebramos! !Es el Cinco de Mayo! (English and Spanish Edition) by Janice Levy,
- Cinco de Mayo: Day of Mexican Pride (First Facts, Holidays and Culture) by Doering and Amanda
- Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with the Mexican Hat Dance (Stories to Celebrate) by Alma F. Ada & F. Isabel Campoy
- Cinco De Mayo: Celebrating the Traditions of Mexico by Diane Hoyt-Goldsmith and Lawrence Migdale
- Aztec (Mexican Pottery)
- Bean Bracelets
- Ojo de Dios
- Place Mats
- Pinata- Super Simple Version
- Hot Pepper Paper Craft
- Tacos and Tostados
- Colors of Mexico Flag
- Easy Guacamole Recipe
- Sangrias for Kids!
- Mexican Corn Bread
- Polvorones (Mexican Sugar Cookies)
- Enchiladas Suizas
- Flautas de Desayuno
- Salsa Verde
- Tacos de Papa
- Tostadas de Pollo
- Cinnamon Tortilla Chips with Fruit Salsa
- Ellie's Black Bean Dip
- Scrambled Egg Soft Tacos
- Kid friendly Burritos
If you use avocados for any of the recipes...don't throw out the pits! Here is a fun way to grow them! It is under the guacamole recipe.
Happy Cinco de Mayo! Share with us what you all made for the celebration!