Tuesday, November 18, 2008

What is your favorite Holiday Recipe?

I am going to attempt to participate in Momdot's Blog Party but please remember, it's 5AM and I am still on my first cup of coffee.
The question today is what is your favorite holiday recipe?
If my husband were answering this question he would change it to "What is your wifes' favorite thing to make?" and that would be reservations but....I do have a favorite recipe for Spiced Nuts that you make in the Microwave that is a huge hit with everyone, so I will share that.
And to be honest I CAN cook.
I just don't.

Microwave Spiced Nuts


Ingredients
1/4 cup butter

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

2 tablespoons water

3 cups pecan halves


Directions
1 Melt butter in a 4 quart glass casserole dish in the microwave.
Stir in the
brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and water.
Microwave on high for 1 minute.
Stir in the nuts so they are well coated.
Microwave for 4 to 5 additional minutes on high, stirring every minute. Spread cooked nuts out onto parchment or waxed paper to cool.

No comments: