Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Creative nanny Wednesday: Apple Season

Apple Fingerplays, Songs, Books and a Snack

Eat an apple; (Bring right hand to mouth) Save the core. (Close right hand in fist) Plant the seeds. (Bend down touch hand to ground) And grow some more. (Extend both arms out) Here's a great Raffi song about Apples and Bananas. If you don't know the tune, you can listen to it or buy it here

I love to eat Apples and Bananas
I love to eat, eat, eat apples and bananas
I love to eat, eat, eatapples and bananas
I love to ate, ate, ateapples and bananas (say with the long A sound)
I love to ate, ate, ate apples and bananas
I love to eat, eat, eat epples and benenes (say with long E sound) I love to eat, eat, eat epples and benenes
I love to ite, ite, ite ipples and bininis I love to ite, ite, ite ipples and bininis (Long I sound)
I love to oat, oat, oatopples and bononos (Long O sound)
Repeat I love to ute, ute, ute upples and bununus (Long U sound)

Repeat I love to eat, eat, eat apples and bananas.

You can find lots of great books about apples here and don't forget the one by Dr. Suess: 10 Apples Up on Top

Don't forget to do this fun snack for all ages.
Take an apple and cut it into wedges. Give each child 2 wedges. Spread peanut butter (if your child is not allergic, if your child is allergic you could substitute almond butter or sunflower butter) between the wedges. Then take mini marshmallows and add teeth to your smiling mouth.
Feel free to share your favorite apple activity here.
If you would like to feature your craft ideas here on Creative Nanny Wednesday, email us at regardingnannies(at)gmail(dot)com

No comments: